Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer, why can't you go away?

I know, I know, it's summer! Sunshine, heat, pool days and play dates. Outings, yard work, garden work, and all the rest. However, notice that I did not use the word but, I hate the H-E-A-T! I mean it. I melt all summer long. Sweaty, red faced, bad tempered, yuck. The sunshine doesn't warm my soul, it fries it. I am longing for the cooler days of fall and winter, and even spring, although my allergies kick in quite badly then, but at least I am not running from one air conditioned locale to another. I long for gentle breezes, not blasts of hot air that could be straight out of my convection oven, but isn't. It is whipping through my yard, drying out my trees and my lawn, shriveling my garden and wreaking havoc with my internal body temperature.

Yes, I long for cooler weather...but now, I am off to my neighborhood movie night--out in the warm air...Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment