Tuesday, August 24, 2010

4 French exchange students and a Lady!

This month has been crazy! I inadvertently fell into a job! So, Monday through Friday, 9-4, I am with 4 fabulous French Teenagers. I tutor English in the mornings, and the afternoons are spent on outings or excursions. Class can be tough for the boys, who seem to think that it just all a holiday, but they did enroll in the tutorial program, and therefore, get to participate in English lessons! :) So far, we have avoided battles, but today was a bit different. Projects are due tomorrow, so it was crunch time. Too bad, more of them didn't use their class time more efficiently. I have a feeling that they will be spending more time tonight than is necessary.

A list of some of our activities... Elitch garden's, shopping at the outlet malls, and Park Meadows, the Parade of homes, various outdoor parks, climbing the rock, visiting our local community stores, visiting with different businesses in our community. Visiting both the local High and Middle School. Genesee Ropes course, indoor skydiving, and yet to come the Hammond Candy factory, and Downtown Denver. We hiked local trails, went rock climbing, and they even prepared french food for me! :)

I hope that they have enjoyed their time with me, as I have enjoyed my time with them. It was a bit difficult at first. I did not tell them that I was fluent in French, and therefore, they would have rude comments about me and my program. I tried not to let it bother me, but it did. However, it was a priceless moment when I told them. Some had the decency to be embarrassed!

Best times: Having my one boy who always jumps into situations feet first then decides to look--take a huge dollop of habenero sauce onto his chip--without mixing it into the salsa first--turn beet red, teary eyed, and snot running out of his nose. All of which he tried to soothe by taking a huge gulp of water...didn't work.

Teaching-all of it. I forgot how much I missed it.

Listening to the musicality of the French language. I didn't realize how much I missed it either.

Teenagers...they are the best, they are the worst, but I wouldn't want to not have them in my life.

Anyways, our time together is almost over, they leave on Saturday. I hope that they will have fond memories of our time together. I know I do!

A Bientot!

1 comment:

  1. Ok you commented on my blog so now you have to solve the mystery and tell me who you are.

    ReplyDelete