Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello Winter!

Well, winter has arrived (finally) in our neck of the woods. It has been an unusually mild winter in these parts, and I have to say, I have rather enjoyed it. Unfortunately, winter has arrived in fine style these past few weeks. And, it is real winter, complete with arctic air and snow. I know, usually the 2 don't go together, but somehow it is working down here. We've had snow days at school, not because of the snow, but rather the cold. Yup, true Canadian winter! :) And, we have the roads to go with it. :(

Now, here's the best part. By Saturday, we will be back in positive numbers--big positive numbers. Yup, mid 50's again! Yay! (Somewhere around 12C) That is the best part of living this far south. We consider ourselves lucky to live in such a tropical climate. (Now, I know that Colorado natives read this, they will never say their climate is tropical, but to us, it certainly is) When we first moved down south-oh about 14 yrs ago, we literally cheered when we pulled into our condo complex, and discovered that there were no electrical outlets outside--meaning our block heaters were useless! Yay! I still cheer! :)

Anyways, I need to go take full advantage of this wintery weather and head down to my basement. I have some quilting to do! So, until the sun comes out, that is where you can find me. I guess I should just say, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love to quilt to I just never seem to get it! Do show us pictures. Man we have had the most snow in southern Alberta I have ever seen! Do you ever come back to these neck of the woods? I would love to see you again.

    ReplyDelete