Monday, November 29, 2010

Another month gone? Really?

Here we are at the end of another month. Personally I think that time is going by faster than ever before. Where does the time go? I find it hard to believe that 2010 is almost over. In a way, I am so glad to start the new year over, but after surviving this one, I live in fear of the upcoming year!

This month was busy--aren't they all? Just a list of a few things on my calendar that I am perusing at the moment, and I don't need to wonder why I feel tired today. Let's see: The month started with a fabulous choir concert from my dear daughter. She is quite the vocal artist, I must say, and I enjoyed the concert. It was perfect! It lasted 20 mins max! Now that's a music teacher that I can fall in love with! Unfortunately, Dear Husband was 20 mins late (stuck in traffic) and was walking in, just as we were leaving. Dear Daughter was mighty upset. I think Dear Husband is still trying to make up to her on that event. Various church functions, a trip to the cannery, (gotta love their hot chocolate mix-yummo!) I also am partial to their fruit drink mix-which our family lovingly calls "church tang". A Stake ADG event, an Avalanche game, with our very dear friends, who although are very sporty, don't know a bunch about hockey. It was a blast. My dear friend was surprised that I was so vocal about the game. I guess I don't share my enthusiasm freely outside the Pepsi Center-or my home in front of the tv. :) My kids had different days off from school that first week, Thank goodness that the elections are over for another year!

Second week started with a bang-I forgot to put out my donations on the driveway. They are still hounding me with daily phone calls! :( Presidency meetings, visiting teaching, a Mary Kay makeover, IB informational meeting for my almost highschooler...(yikes! am I really that old?) and more church training, round out that week. It was also my Dear Son's birthday-14! He had friends stay the night. My house looked war torn, but I have to admit those nerf guns have certainly transformed modern warfare! Dear Son also had a court of honor for his scouting activities--he received a special award for his effort this past summer at scout camp. It was a nice recognition, in that he really does have a hard time at camp, but he stepped up and became a strong leader for all those "newbies".

Third week started with the Primary Program. Not a big deal you might say, but with 143 kids, it was. I think it rocked! Family dinner, parent conferences with daughter's teacher, more vt'ing, voice lessons, twice weekly tutoring sessions, and a visit from the com cast man round out week three.

Week four: Starts out with a visit from our home teachers, another presidency meeting, only one tutoring session due to Thanksgiving, and two Orthodontic appointments: 6 more weeks of braces for dear son, and then his smile shall be metal free! Dear Daughter still has another year and a half! Thanksgiving, and a stay-cation,love cheap shopping days, my dear husbands 44th birthday, and now onto week 5/week 1 of December.

Yikes! So, now that you know my personal schedule, I would like to say that I am extremely grateful that I don't have a full time, paid position to throw into that mix! It has been c-r-a-z-y! Please tell me that I will not have the same problem next month. No wonder my house is a disaster, and I feel ill prepared for Christmas. Give me a few days. Maybe I will actually start the decorating projects!

Happy Advent everyone! My wish for you is a stress free, Christ centered Christmas Season! My sister taught me that one. Christmas is not just the one day, it is the Season-so enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment