Thursday, November 4, 2010

Annoyances!

October did Rock! I had a really great time with Family, Friends, and Kids! November, however, is not starting out on a good note. It is a month of birthdays! Both Hubby and Dear Son have birthdays this month. I always feel old(er) on my son's birthday. Hard to believe that 14 years ago I was hugely pregnant and awaiting the arrival of baby number 1. How time flies. A post about him awaits you at a later date.

Today is my mother in law's birthday. She passed away 9 months ago. Funny how 9 months can seem so long, and be so short at the same time. She was a great example of service and selflessness. Her laugh was infectious, and her ever present optimism was great, though at some times, I thought it annoying as well. Didn't she understand what I was going through, that I needed understanding and support and not just optimistic analogies that didn't really make sense at the time? How little I knew. Life has a way of teaching you lessons that all need to learn. I think we all just learn them in different times and places and ways. I truly miss her. I know dear hubby does too. And, so do my kids. I miss her wisdom and her English wit. I miss her voice. I miss her interactions with my kiddos. She was a great Grandma. Perhaps that is why the happenings of the past 2 days are annoying me so badly today...I guess my emotions are raw and annoyances annoy with a vengeance.

Dear MiL passed away 1 month short a day of my own father. Our family has struggled through the first 3/4 of the year. All of us are on the path of recovery for a lack of a better word. We are learning to live without anchors. We were pretty independent folk, and still are. We didn't ask for a lot of help through this mess, and I think we are doing great! But, somehow, we just aren't impressing some other people in our life with our efforts. Here is my grievance. Last night, my dear husband received a message that he would be accompanied with another to accomplish a monthly responsibility that has not been often accomplished this year. The way it was presented was underhanded, and knowing my spouse, it isn't going to happen with said "help" and now that he has dug in his heels, good luck for the future. It would have been nice to have a visit, to ask why said responsibility was not being accomplished. Instead, it came across as "You're a failure, thus it will now happen this way" ANNOYING! People's lack of understanding is astonishing to me. If you truly cared, you would be a little more in tune with our family at this time. So get off your Butt, and you finish it if you think it is so dang important. Don't leave a backhanded message on the phone and expect results!

And now, I am getting off of my soapbox, and hoping that I will let my feelings of annoyance go, and get on with my day. I have birthday parties to plan!

1 comment:

  1. It is to bad that sometimes we as people don't understand the whole picture. I know we all want to be understood. I am so sorry that you have had such a rough year. I hope that all will go smoother now and that you will see the growth that these trials painfully give us....sigh x0x

    ReplyDelete